If you’re looking for the best BMX bikes under 200 in 2023, you’ve come to the right place! This ultimate buying guide will cover everything you need to know when it comes to finding the perfect BMX bike at an affordable price. From materials and components, to design features and practical considerations – we’ll make sure you’re ready to hit the streets with the best BMX bike possible!
Best Bmx Bikes Under 200 2023
- Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike
- Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike
- Mongoose Switch BMX Bike
- AVASTA 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike
- Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike
- Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR – White Mini BMX Freestyle Bicycle
- Framed Impact 20 BMX Bike
1) Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike
First, you see the gloss black Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike. Stylish and confident, this design is perfect for young bikers. This bike is built for youth excursions.
The bike frame is tensile steel for active kids. This bike is reliable for park and neighbourhood riding. Because it can handle BMX, your child’s cycling journey will be safe and long-lasting.
Giving Kids Control and Mobility
New bikers need control and simplicity. The Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike satisfies this need. A loose ball helps young riders grip their bikes.
A single-speed gearbox simplifies learning for kids on this bike. Due to its control and manoeuvrability, beginners can cover various terrains. The rear brake stops helping after the excursion. These excellent brakes keep kids safe and ease bike control.
A Perfect Mix of Style and Function
Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike is ideal for young adventurers. Its glossy black finish and BMX frame are fashionable and functional. This bike can gracefully handle trails and roads.
Bold and adventurous BMX is for off-road adventures and tricks. This heritage is honoured by the Youth Nitrus BMX Bike’s rear suspension for smooth riding on various terrains. The linear pull brake mechanism prioritises safety, so young riders can stop swiftly.
Stepping stone for bikers
Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike is crucial for young cyclists. Children feel empowered and autonomous because the bike is lightweight and easy to manage. The single-speed drivetrain makes cycling easy for beginners.
Bike design prioritises safety. The linear pull rear brake device gives parents peace of mind when their children roam. The BMX frame and rear suspension let kids master off-road skills.
Finally, Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bikes change young riders. Its sleek design, sturdy construction, and safety features appeal to 7- to 9-year-olds. This bike is for growth, adventure, and endless pleasure, not simply commuting. Get your youngster started cycling with the bike that empowers, inspires, and thrills.
Must Read – Best Street Bmx Bikes
Diamondback Bicycles Youth Nitrus BMX Bike First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Diamondback Bicycles
- Lightweight design makes it easy for kids to handle
- Single speed drivetrain is simple and reliable
- Linear pull rear brake stops with ease for added safety
- Rear suspension type provides a smooth ride on any terrain
- BMX style frame is perfect for adventurous kids who want to tackle any trail or road.
|specifications||Single speed drivetrain is simple and reliable|
|specifications||Linear pull rear brake stops with ease|
|Bike Type||BMX Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||7 – 9 years|
2) Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike
The bike’s 360° rotor lets kids easily move the handlebars. This unique feature delights and provides control and manoeuvrability. BMX U-brakes are meticulously fitted into the bike’s design for safe and efficient braking. The smooth ride of 20*2.35-inch tyres improves biking.
A Smooth Assembly and Ideal Age Group
An included toolbox assembles the Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike 85% before delivery. This bike is great for 7-13-year-olds beginning out on two wheels.
Exploration: Ultimate Freestyle BMX Experience
With its focus on riding and tricks, the Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike stands out. The freestyle BMX bike inspires young adventurers to surpass every challenge for boys and girls. The lightweight, sturdy alloy steel frame makes manoeuvring easier. Young riders admire the bike’s black sleekness.
prioritising safety and handling
The Hiland 20″ Freestyle Kids BMX Bike prioritises safety. The U brake style reflects this dedication by providing consistent stopping power in many conditions. The lightweight frame and single-speed gearbox make the bike easy for kids to ride. This 20-inch bike is comfortable and reliable and matches the learning curve.
Creative Freestyle BMX
Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike’s freestyle design is its hallmark. This morphing component lets kids try tricks on skateparks and neighbourhood streets. The U brake layout ensures short stops and the bike’s rugged build makes it perfect for rough trips. Young adventurers eager to challenge themselves and develop new skills will love this bike.
Finally, the Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike is stylish and adventurous. This bike is designed for young riders with safety, control, and style. Unique design, durable construction, and user-friendly features motivate young hearts to ride and have fantastic adventures.
Must Read – Best Lightweight Bmx Bikes
Hiland 20 inch Freestyle Kids BMX Bike First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Silas Lam
- Lightweight frame makes it easy for kids to handle (27 pounds)
- Single speed drivetrain is simple and intuitive for kids to use
- U brake style provides reliable stopping power in any situation
- Freestyle BMX design allows kids to tackle any obstacle with ease
- Durable construction makes it perfect for rough riding
|Bike Type||Kids Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||Kids|
|Number of Speeds||1|
3) Mongoose Switch BMX Bike
The Mongoose Switch BMX Bike is perfect for 5–8-year-olds starting out in cycling. This stylish and functional bicycle will be the top pick for young riders. Let’s examine this bike’s distinguishing qualities.
1. Cool BMX Design
The Mongoose Switch BMX Bike’s black colour and true BMX characteristics make it sleek and adaptable. This makes it a popular choice for kids who want a stylish, versatile bike.
2. Strong Steel Frame
High-quality steel frame materials make the bike durable. This ensures the bike can withstand daily use and last a long time for your child.
Freeing Young Beginners
1. Stabilising Training Wheels
The Mongoose Switch BMX Bike’s training wheel provides stability and support for beginners. These training wheels provide novices confidence to acquire balance and steering.
2. Kids’ Ideal Size
The bike is designed for 5–8-year-olds and measures 42–52 inches. This fits comfortably and securely, helping young riders navigate.
3. Secure Four-Piece Handlebars
The bike has four-piece handlebars for comfort and control. This function helps beginners learn to ride by smoothing the learning curve.
4. Better Protection
With the inevitable falls and scratches of learning to ride, the Mongoose Switch BMX Bike is designed with extra protection. This protection prevents slight bumps from slowing your child’s pedalling.
5. Gradual Change
As your youngster improves, the bike’s retractable training wheels make independent riding easy. The training wheels can be easily removed when ready, signifying a major cycling milestone.
1. Perfect for BMX Exploration
The Mongoose Switch BMX Bike offers an entrance to the thrilling world of BMX biking, not just a lesson. The 18-inch bike has a sturdy alloy steel frame and is designed for kids aged 5 to 8. Young riders can bike safely with its firm suspension and coaster brakes.
2. Confidence Building
A training wheel makes this bike stand out. This important tool helps novice motorcyclists gain confidence and bike familiarity before learning more advanced tactics. This continuous approach builds a solid bike foundation.
3. Mastering Obstacles
Young riders can overcome every trail obstacle with the Mongoose Switch BMX Bike. Freestyle BMX stimulates exploration and skill development, so youngsters may confidently tackle different terrains and difficulties.
4. Lightest Agility
Despite its strong design, the Mongoose Switch BMX Bike is lightweight. This feature improves manoeuvrability and control, letting kids enjoy cycling without hassle.
5. Easy Performance
A single-speed gearbox makes the bike easy to ride for kids. When combined with the coaster brake, it provides solid stopping power. This straightforward arrangement promotes a pleasant ride.
6. Style and Appeal
The Mongoose Switch BMX Bike’s dark colour and Switch and Stun styling instantly attract young riders. Its aesthetics match its target audience, boosting appeal.
In conclusion, the Mongoose Switch BMX Bike is a great cycling partner for kids. This bike will be the best for 5–8-year-olds due to its style, durability, and features for young riders. This bike is meant to help kids learn the basics or master advanced techniques.
Must Read – Best Freestyle Bmx Bikes
Mongoose Switch BMX Bike First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Silas Lam
- Lightweight construction makes it easy for kids to handle (27.01 pounds)
- Training wheel option helps build confidence for younger riders
- Freestyle BMX design allows for exploration and obstacle tackling
- Coaster brake provides reliable stopping power
- Sturdy frame made from alloy steel ensures durability and longevity
|Bike Type||BMX Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||5 – 8 years|
|Number of Speeds||1|
4) AVASTA 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike
The mint colouring and freestyle design distinguish the bike. It supports several riding techniques adventurous kids love and is stylish and versatile. With a Hi-Ten steel frame, this bike can last daily.
Engineered for Control and Safety
The Avasta Kids BMX Bike’s carbon steel frame is stable. This rear calliper brake system gives young riders confidence and control. The well designed wheelset makes riding easy on this low-maintenance bike.
Empowering Youth Riders
This bike fits 4’3″ kids. 85% pre-assembly simplifies setup, and the tool kit helps kids maintain their bikes. The Avasta 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike helps them grow.
Experience Adventure with High-Performance Design
The Avasta Kids BMX Bike is perfect for older kids who want to ride more complex bikes. This high-performance bike handles rough terrain gracefully for daring riders. The freestyle BMX style makes it perfect for obstacles and stunts.
Crafting Excellence with Lightweight Durability
The Avasta BMX Bike’s aluminium frame is lightweight and durable. Carbon steel frame makes bike sturdy and safe, making every ride pleasurable.
Control and Comfort Redefined
Young riders can operate this bike with sturdy suspension and U brakes. The single-speed gearbox and 20-inch wheels make it easy for kids. Riders and passersby like the bike’s mint colour.
Size for Success
An ideal 45.67 x 7.87 x 21.65 inches, the Avasta 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike is comfy and easy to handle. Due to its performance and beautiful style, young riders love ELVET K20 and 20″ With Gyro.
Finally, the Avasta 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike improves young riders’ biking. Its durable build, stunning design, and performance-driven features make it a perfect bicycling partner for kids while ensuring safety and skill development. Choose the Avasta BMX Bike and explore!
Must Read – Best Flatland Bmx Bikes
AVASTA 18″ 20″ Kids BMX Bike First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Avasta Bikes
- Lightweight aluminum frame makes it easy for kids to handle
- Carbon steel frame material provides strength and stability
- U brake style provides reliable stopping power
- Freestyle BMX design allows for exploration and obstacle tackling
- Stylish mint color and ELVET K20 model name make it a popular choice among young riders
|Bike Type||BMX Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||Big Kid|
|Number of Speeds||1|
5) Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike
The Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath BMX Bike’s matte finish adds elegance and aerodynamics. The threadless stem, U-shape brake and lever, and adjustable seat make the bike easy to ride. Additionally, alloy rims and a kickstand make parking and maintenance easier. With rear suspension for comfort and a 24-inch wheel size for adult riders, this BMX bike has style and utility.
Made for Young Enthusiasts
The Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike is ideal for 6–10-year-old riders who want a high-performance bike for any terrain. Safety-focused, the bike has front and rear calliper brakes for reliable stopping capability in all situations. This bike has a freestyle rotor and front and rear BMX pegs, allowing young riders to perform remarkable feats and overcome obstacles.
The Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike has a limited lifetime frame and fork warranty for quality. BMX tyres and black satin-effect rims make the bike comfy and luxurious. The alloy steel frame ensures this bike will be your faithful companion for years to come. The bike’s blue colour will impress youthful riders.
Seamless Performance and Usability
The bike’s 20-inch wheels and single-speed drivetrain simplify operation, making it ideal for kids. The steel construction ensures durability, making it a good investment for parents. The Tony Hawk name and sleek 20-inch wheels make this bike popular with young riders who value performance and style.
Finally, the Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike is the best in design, performance, and durability. This bike is customised for elderly riders seeking refinement or young enthusiasts seeking thrills. Its attractive design, flexible capabilities, and devotion to quality make it a top choice that will boost your riding experience.
Must Read – Best Bmx Stunt Bikes
Dynacraft Tony Hawk Aftermath 24″ BMX Bike First Hand Review Video
Video Source: @worshipwithjeffrey
- Limited lifetime warranty on the frame and fork
- Front and rear caliper brakes provide reliable stopping power
- Freestyle rotor and front & rear BMX pegs allow riders to perform tricks
- Alloy steel frame material provides strength and stability
- Stylish blue color and Tony Hawk model name make it a popular choice among young riders.
|specifications||Front and rear caliper brakes|
|specifications||Freestyle rotor and front & rear BMX pegs|
|specifications||BMX tires with black satin-effect rims|
|specifications||Limited lifetime warranty on frame and fork|
|Bike Type||BMX Bike|
6) Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR – White Mini BMX Freestyle Bicycle
Freestyle motorcyclists use pro-style tyres for feats and tricks. Adult riders enjoy the comfort and excitement of 20-inch BMX bikes. A sturdy forged face plate and effective U-brake system provide reliable braking. The little BMX’s 10-inch wheels are stable and manoeuvrable.
Release Your Adventurer Spirit Confidently
The Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR is suitable for adults seeking a high-performance, versatile bike. Elegant and classy, Rocker BMX leaves an impression. Cutting-edge iROK+ New Street Pro Style Tyres give this bike outstanding traction and grip on all surfaces, allowing riders to overcome obstacles and undertake daring moves.
High-quality craftsmanship for longevity
The alloy steel frame and precision-engineered 10-inch wheel size make the bike light and durable. Front suspension smooths out bumps and undulations for a comfortable ride. Cold RKR style is fashionable and functional, helping you stand out on any path. The bike’s plastic-steel frame is sturdy.
Titan Lightweight Resilience
Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR is robust despite its tiny weight. The 12 kilogramme package weight and 9.5 kilogramme item weight make this bike easy for adults to manage. Single-speed gearbox simplifies riding, and Rocker BMX design matches performance.
Finally, the Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR is innovative and versatile. Adults seeking durability and style can ride this bike comfortably. Its innovative design and characteristics place it among the finest high-performance bikes that can handle any terrain. This bike will go on every journey, whether you’re an urban roller or an off-roader.
Must Read – Best Bmx Freestyle Bikes for Adults
Rocker BMX Mini BMX Bike iROK+ Frosty RKR – White Mini BMX Freestyle Bicycle First Hand Review Video
Video Source: 2wheelsavage
- Sleek and stylish Rocker BMX design
- iROK+ New Street Pro Style Tyres provide excellent traction and grip
- Lightweight construction makes it easy for adults to handle (9.5 kilograms)
- Front suspension type ensures a smooth and comfortable ride
- Plastic and steel materials provide strength and stability
|specifications||Rocker BMX. iROK+ New Street Pro Style Tyres|
|Bike Type||BMX Bike|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Number of Speeds||1|
Best Bmx Bikes Under 200 2023 Complete Buying Guide
BMX bikes are specially designed for performing tricks, stunts and dirt racing. BMX bikes come in different sizes and qualities and they range from entry-level bikes to aggressive ones.
Photo source : skyaboveus.com
If you’re looking to buy a new BMX bike within the budget of $200, then this guide will help you find the best options available in 2023.
Photo source : skyaboveus.com
We have reviewed 7 of the most popular options in this price range that offer great value for money. All these bikes are well-constructed with durable frames and come with decent components which provide good performance for riders of all skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, we’ve got you covered with the best BMX bikes under 200 dollars available in 2023!
Benefits of Owning a BMX Bike
Owning a BMX bike can provide many benefits to riders of all ages and experience levels – whether it’s recreational riding or even getting into the world of BMX racing. Here are some of the advantages to consider when making your purchase:
- Physical Fitness – Owning a BMX bike can be an excellent way to improve physical health, as well as strengthen and condition one’s muscles. Not only does riding regularly help with physical strength, but it also provides an aerobic workout that can help increase stamina and improve overall cardiovascular health.
- Flexibility – A key advantage of owning a BMX is its versatility for use on different terrain, from soft soil paths to hard concrete roads. This type of bike will allow a rider to explore different types of terrains and surfaces, providing more versatility in their riding options.
- Cost-Effective Transportation – Another advantage of owning a BMX is the cost savings associated with buying one instead of purchasing or leasing a car. Additionally, they are considerably less expensive than other types of motorized transportation, such as motorbikes or mopeds.
- Environmentally Friendly – Investing in a BMX instead of using cars is also beneficial for the environment because it reduces emissions associated with motorized transportations and minimizes pollutants released into the air by reducing energy consumption. Additionally, using bicycles instead cars helps reduce operating costs in repairs and maintenance since bicycles require considerably less upkeep than motor vehicles do.
- Improves Self-Confidence – The confidence brought on through mastering new tricks on a BMX can carry over into other areas of life such as problem solving skills and setting goals for oneself that may previously have seemed too daunting or unachievable for someone lacking in self-esteem or self-confidence.
Factors to Consider When Buying a BMX Bike
Although price can be an important factor when shopping for a BMX bike, there are other distinctive features to consider as well. Here is a breakdown of the components of a BMX bike and what they mean to you as the rider:
- Frame: The frame is vital in giving your BMX bike its strength, structure, and shape. Generally there are two options – steel or aluminum frames. Steel frames are durable yet considerably heavier than aluminum models and will react differently when jumping due to their weight differences.
- Forks: The fork offers stability while turning and responding to landings during tricks. A chromoly (CrMo), Cro-Moly, or chromium-molybdenum steel alloy is the best choice for forks due to its lightness and strength properties compared to hi-tensile steel modeled forks.
- Handlebars: Handlebars provide control along with additional comfort for riders. On BMX bikes raised ‘T’ handlebars consist of material such as chrome which maximizes the strength of these parts on your bike for smoother riding experience over rough terrain.
- Wheels: Your wheel choice affects everything from turning speed, acceleration speed, weight, balance and braking power from flat surfaces through to jumps! To that end choose between high pressure or low pressure sealed bearings depending on how much air you require in your tires as well as heavy duty rims (more spokes) if you plan on more rigorous routines such as stunts or speed races).
- Brakes: V brakes offer higher levels of stopping power than traditional coaster brakes but require more maintenance than coaster brake pads & wheelsets combined with their cable systems that can become problematic over time if not routinely cleaned & checked prior to riding sessions. If intending extreme style pursuits then consider purchasing BMX bikes with gyro type V brakes allowing flexibility when doing tricks e.g., spin rotations mid flight!
Different Types of BMX Bikes
There are dozens of BMX bikes available on the market, each built for a specific type of rider and riding style. When shopping for a bike, it’s important to understand what type of BMX bike is best for you. Some popular types of BMX bikes include:
- Freestyle – Designed with street, park and flatland riding in mind, these versatile bikes typically feature 20-inch wheels, solid construction and sturdy frames perfect for grinding rails or popping off curbs. Common features may include a full chromoly frame, cassette hubs and mid-BB shell hubs.
- Dirt jump – These sturdy machines are designed to absorb the impact as riders launch off jumps in dirt parks. They often feature single speed drivetrains with 20-inch wheels and 1-piece chromoly cranksets that help create strong launches off jumps.
- Racing – These locally sanctioned, Olympic recognized high performance bikes can weigh as little as 18 pounds and have advanced components like carbon fiber forks and 3-piece cranksets or titanium spokes that maximize speed and acceleration on the track.
- Cruiser – Cruiser BMX offer a throwback feel while maintaining modern features like sealed bearings to cruise comfortably on the streets or around the skatepark without skimping out on style points due to their bold looks featuring heavy chro-moly frames, fat tires and 4 piece chromoly bars usually employed.
- Trials – Trial Bmx are machines specifically engineered for freestyle tricks where stability matters most making them one of toughest cycles you’ll find this side of Harley. For example, The Balance 20″ by trialtech is built with an 8 mm stronger frame than any stock bike specs plus allover rims that can take anything from dusty paths up so steep stairs to give your new machine longevity. Trial Bmx also employ slightly wider handlebars than freestyle bmx so you can perform any trick from grabs up to no handers more controlled.
Best BMX Bikes Under $200 for 2023
If you’re looking for a BMX bike that perfectly fits into your budget and gives you value for money, look no further than this guide. In this article, we’ve done the research to put together a list of the best BMX bikes under $200 available on the market as of 2023.
No matter what type of riding you want to do, there is an option for everyone. Whether you’re looking for an entry-level hardtail or a more advanced full suspension bike, there will be something in this list that can fit your needs and wallet size. We have taken into consideration several factors such as design quality and features included in each bike before deciding on our top picks.
We have covered all the basics when it comes to selecting a BMX bike and think our suggestions are sure to please just about anyone looking to take their stunts and tricks up a notch! We included information on what type of components each bike has so that you can make sure it’s right for your requirements. Please read through our top picks before making your purchase decision so that you can get the most out of your investment!
Maintenance Tips for BMX Bikes
Maintaining your BMX bike is essential for achieving maximal performance and preserving its life. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your BMX:
- Check and tighten the bolts periodically: Fixing loose bolts regularly will help ensure that all components stay together during use.
- Lubricate the chain after each ride: This helps protect it from rust and increase longevity.
- Clean the bike after each ride: Keeping dirt and debris off your bike will keep it in optimal condition for a longer period of time.
- Store the bike in a cool, dry place overnight: Storing it at room temperature or hotter can cause metal corrosion. In addition, exposing your bike to extreme temperatures can weaken its components over time.
With proper care and maintenance, you can expect to get many years of enjoyment from your BMX!
At the end of the day, choosing the best BMX bike under 200 dollars is largely a personal decision. Depending on your budget and riding style, you’ll want to prioritize different features and characteristics. Think about what you need, consider your options carefully, and take it for a test spin when you can.
The ultimate goal is to pick something that will last for years to come, so make sure you put in the work now to ensure satisfaction in the future. With all of these options at hand, you should now be ready to make an informed purchase that won’t leave your wallet too bare!
Thanks for reading our guide and happy trails!
How do I choose my first BMX?
When choosing your first BMX, consider the intended use of the bike (racing, freestyle, or cruising), your riding level and experience, and your budget. It is also important to consider the bike’s size and geometry, as well as its components and overall durability.
What are the two types of BMX?
The two types of BMX are race BMX and freestyle BMX. Race BMX are built for speed and agility, and are typically used for racing on a track. Freestyle BMX, on the other hand, are built for performing tricks and stunts, and are typically used in skateparks and street riding.
Is a BMX a good first bike?
A BMX can be a good first bike, as they are typically lightweight and easy to maneuver. However, it’s important to consider the intended use of the BMX and the rider’s skill level before making a decision.
What is the lightest BMX bike?
The lightest BMX bike is the GT Pro Performer Elite BMX Bike which is around 22 lbs.
What is a freestyle BMX?
Freestyle BMX is a type of BMX that is designed for performing tricks and stunts, such as jumps, spins, and grinds.
What makes a BMX bike faster?
A BMX bike can be made faster by upgrading the components such as the tires, rims, and crankset, as well as by reducing the weight of the bike.
Which is the best BMX cycle in India?
The best BMX cycle in India is subjective as it depends on personal preference and budget, but some popular brands in India include Redline, GT, and Haro.
What is the easiest BMX trick?
The easiest BMX trick for beginners is the Bunny Hop, which involves lifting the front and rear wheel off the ground at the same time.
What age is a 24 inch BMX for?
A 24-inch BMX is typically suitable for riders who are 13 years and older.
Who invented BMX?
BMX was invented in the 1970s by kids in Southern California who wanted to race on their bicycles in a manner similar to motocross.